Circular Slide Rule Watch Tutorial Ratfactor.com
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for The Slide-Rule, and How to Use It at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users.... The slide rule is an amazingly versatile tool that helps the user to calculate a number of different mathematical problems. While it is effective, the slide rule isn't used much anymore because of the widespread use of calculators.
Slide rule Wikipedia
Basic Slide Rule Instructions. To multiply two numbers on a typical slide rule, the user set the left index (start of the scale) on the C scale to line up with one factor on the D scale.... the slide rule, also known colloquially as a slipstick,is a mechanical analog computer. The slide rule is used primarily for multiplication and division, and also for "scientific" functions such as roots, logarithms and trigonometry, but is not normally used for addition or subtraction.
Sphere Research's Learning about Slide Rules Site
1/09/2018 · Look for scale labels. Each scale on the slide rule should have a letter or symbol identifying it, printed to the left or right. This guide will assume your slide rule uses the most common notation: The C and D scales each look like a single stretched out ruler, reading from left to right. how to start a video blog website Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for The Slide-Rule, and How to Use It at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users.
Slide Rule Operations NSG Home Page
A Seminar On How To Use The Slide Rule Written by Mike Konshak, curator of the International Slide Rule Museum (www.sliderulemuseum.com) with acknowledgments to Derek Ross and the Oughtred Society (www.oughtred.org) members how to set up ping zapper for blade and soul This book is very old and literally doesn't provide ANY useful information on how to use the slide rule. It's written in archaic English (published 1868, it's very nearly another language) and provides NO PRACTICAL GUIDANCE to help a modern person to use or understand a slide rule.
How long can it take?
Eric's Slide Rule Books
- Slide Rule How To Use It Download eBook PDF/EPUB
- The Slide Rule and How to Use It Containing Full Easy
- The slide rule and how to use it. A text-work book. by
- Teach Yourself the Slide Rule
The Slide Rule And How To Use It
DEDICATED TO: Dr. Clifford L. Schrader, Ph. D. (1937-2001) My high school chemistry teacher (1976) who would only let us use slide rules (and our brains) during the first semester.
- 1. slide the middle part of the slide until the first number you want to multiply by is on the "c" scale, and is lined up with the second number on the "d" scale (bottom slide). 2. slide the clear part with the line on it until it reaches your second number ON THE "c" SCALE! 3. The number that
- A slide rule consists of three parts: the body, the slide, and the cursor. The body and the slide are marked with scales. The cursor has a The body and the slide are marked with scales. The cursor has a hairline that facilitates accurate positioning of the cursor at a specific point on some scale.
- Note that the illustration of a simple slide rule at the top of the page corresponds to the distribution of tick marks on a 5-inch slide rule (actually, one with a 12.5 cm scale), not the usual 10-inch (25 cm) slide rule. Despite this, and despite the use of 600 pixels to represent the scale width, the positions of the tick marks are noticeably uneven. Because slide rules have scales which
- This book is very old and literally doesn't provide ANY useful information on how to use the slide rule. It's written in archaic English (published 1868, it's very nearly another language) and provides NO PRACTICAL GUIDANCE to help a modern person to use or understand a slide rule.