Mallory dual point dwell and gap adjustment MGB & GT
Chevy Mechanic: ASEMaster35yrs, Chevy Technician replied 8 years ago Yes that is correct for setting the gap. To set the dwell the engine is turning with key on and red lead on - …... 0.19 for brand-new points 0.16 gap for used points. The above answer may be adequate to get the engine running, but points are set correctly when you have a reading of 3 … 0 degrees on a dwell
1965 Chevy Corvair POINTS GAP AND DWELL Engine
26/02/2009 · 08-06-08 10:39 AM - Post# 1493586 In response to Hokie 66 Bigger the gap the longer the dwell. The .022 was just a starting point. If you have a dwell meter set them with that.... 8/04/2006 · My 366's take a set of plug wires each year, I tried a Pertronix electronic unit in one, and had to go back to points. It refused to start unless it was run every day with the electronic unit in it. You could pull it 2' and it would start, but wouldn't start with the starter. My 10 wheelers have 427's in them, so far so good on them.
Get to the Point Breaker Point Ignition - Hemmings Motor
Antique Cars Classics Customs Hotrods Leadsleds Roadsters Streetrods Trucks Turbine Car 40 31 Ford 67 Dodge Charger 61 Chrysler Images Specs Pictures Photos how to write an inspirational letter Conversely, if the point gap was set too wide, ignition timing would advance. Since it was impossible for the rubbing block to grow in dimension over time, retarded ignition timing and a decrease in engine performance was usually the hallmark of an ignition system with a poor history of service.
Need help with a Chevy 366 Coffee Shop - Red Power
Antique Cars Classics Customs Hotrods Leadsleds Roadsters Streetrods Trucks Turbine Car 40 31 Ford 67 Dodge Charger 61 Chrysler Images Specs Pictures Photos how to set out a complaint letter 26/02/2009 · After the first 200 miles or so on a new set of points, the point gap often closes up due to initial rubbing block wear. For best performance, recheck the dwell (or gap) at this time. This quick initial wear is the reason the factory recommends 0.003 in. more gap on new points.
How long can it take?
How do I set the points classic Chevy? Yahoo Answers
- Point Gap/Dwelltiming old 454/330- Please Page 1
- 55 235 points gap? The H.A.M.B. The Jalopy Journal
- TUNE-UP SPECS Mastertech Marine
- SOLVED 1964 292 engine how to set the points gap what Fixya
How To Set Points Gap Chevy
1970-75 Chevrolet engine tune-up specifications including timing, dwell angle, and spark plug gap, and firing order.
- Chev 350's haven't used points for a long time. If you have an older one, just put the new points in place & reassemble the distributor, then, with the engine running, open th … e little window
- Dwell is the time the points are closed, I suspect you have a small amount of wear in your shaft bushing in the distributor, if you set the dwell then if the points heal wears in the points gap will close up from your 10thou and you may have trouble starting. If you have a bit of play then now is the ideal time to convert to electronic ignition, which wont be effected by a small amount of play
- 26/02/2009 · After the first 200 miles or so on a new set of points, the point gap often closes up due to initial rubbing block wear. For best performance, recheck the dwell (or gap) at this time. This quick initial wear is the reason the factory recommends 0.003 in. more gap on new points.